Minnesota-Scores.net

MNScores Home Boys: FB Soc BB Hock WR Lax Base Girls: VB Soc BB Hock Lax SB

Twitter Facebook

2012 - 2013 HOL/Section 8AA

Moderators: Snowman, Weinzierl11

Re: 2012 - 2013 HOL/Section 8AA

Postby Kelvi on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:56 pm

I've seen a lot of posts about Bruggs being out and how bad Pelican is without him. I think that is pretty lame to say the least. Pelican is still a VERY good team. Taking one person out of the equation does hurt, but it doesn't send the whole season down the drain. This might even be a good thing for the vikes. Maybe some role players step up to fill the void left by the injured pg. Having players step up could help the vikes with valuable regular season experience, so when Bruggs gets back, he is playing with better players than he was left with.

However, I could be wrong and the vikes could go downhill and not be able to handle anything without their starting pg. I just don't see that happening. I'll take Pelican over Breck this friday 65-49. Currently, I don't know if Barnesville could "easily" beat Pelican without Ryan, yet I'd take barnesville over pelican if they played tonight, probably a 1-2 point game based on Barnesvilles recent success.
Kelvi

Postby Froprithe18 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am

After watching every team play a few times this year, I like to travel around, here's what I've seen.

Hawley-When they're good, they're untouchable. When they're not, they can only be beaten by a hot shooting team, Barnesville lovers here's your chance. Pekas, Ellefsen, Crompton, Stoa, are four of the toughest big guys in the conference, and Pekas doesn't even play post for them. Ellefsen has proven to be a consistent high scorer and rebounder, Crompton will score 80% of the time you pass it to him, and Stoa does and excellent job with the dirty work. It wont' come down to them playing bad, it'll be is your team good, and lucky enough, to beat them. I'm not saying it is impossible. Ellefsen and Crompton need to combine for at least 30 to go with Pekas' 20 night in

Perham-They're loaded with guys in spots that are perfect for them. The big question is can they put it all together often enough? Despite Hein and Salthe being 6'2 and not traditional posts, Hein used to be a pg, they get the job done. And their guards are very talented, but will the team find a way to win. It's all about who and if, somebody steps up for them. They all play to their roles to much. Hopefully Hein will have big all-around nights like when he gets 7+ rebounds, 7+ assists, and 5+ steals. So Beachy, Glines, and Bahls can focus on shooting and defense.

Pelican-Forsgren is probably the best traditional post in the conference, big tough guy, but also smart. I love watching him, for Bruggeman I'm not taking anything away from him, best pg in the conference. I just don't like the way he acts on the court. He attacks the basket hard, then complains about fouls. I think if he just plays basketball, Forsgren dominates down low, Schell hits shots, and they get bench production, they'll be better than Perham for sure. Can't say Hawley for sure though. Schell will have to score 15+ and Forsgren needs 12+ rebounds

Bville-Sometimes I love watching this team. Austin Martz is athletic, Kyler is skilled, Ishaug is a poor man's Ellefsen, and what's not to be said about Strand. Their shooting is streaky but when it's good, it's unbelievably good. Defensively I don't know about them, Austin and Strand are the only above average defenders on the team. I don't know how they shut down Perham or even Breck, but they did. After the Perham win though I do believe they can contend a little. For them to go far, it'll ride on the lone senior Austin Martz scoring on drives and shutting down the opponent's best player. Austin will have to score 16+ and hold Pekas off to upset Hawley in the playoffs

Breck-Don't know what to say other than they have talent and athleticism. But they can't put a big game together. The effort is there sometimes, when it is they still don't execute on offense. Lorenz and Christensen sometimes dominate and sometimes don't. Their guards are either really good or really bad on defense. They have more overall talent than Barnesville or Pelican, those two teams just play better. They just have to play good games to go far, but they've rarely done that. Lorenz and Christensen need to combine for at least 30 points and 20 rebounds for them to get a big win

DGF-The Rebels are a really interesting team to me. They made a game with Pelican in the first half, beat Breck, but haven't done much else. Nelson is a really good scorer, and Beyer and Greene are two very good athletes. They also have three guards who can shoot coming off the bench. Their posts are question marks though, they're long, but they need to use it. On offense Karger will float around and is lazy on defense and Tollefsen is solid defensively and in rebounding but he's not a back to the basket scorer, Dalziel is average at everything but not good at anything. Stalboerger can score and defend, but he's not a rebounder. Their guards can play well, but they need to take advantage of what their posts can do to get a quality win or two. The four of them have to combine for 35 points and 20 rebounds for a big DGF victory

Frazee-Haven't really watched them. All I know is the young pg can score and they're pretty long
Froprithe18

Postby nuggetpride23 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:29 am

you would have to have a really good night to beat Hawley. the only teams that I think could beat them would be Perham and Barnesville but barnesville have lost twice to them so it depends how they play them if they play them again.
nuggetpride23

Postby Bvilleballin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:40 am

Barnesville is BALLIN!!!!!
Bvilleballin

Postby Rdigg on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Pelican Rapids can beat Hawley. I know they have lost twice to them, and once big when Bruggs was healthy, but they play great defense, and if you have a hot Bruggs in the playoffs, they will be difficult to beat.
Rdigg

Postby TrojanPride on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Barnesville will beat Pelican so bad that their entire basketball team will quit and join wrestling.
TrojanPride

Postby upnorth6A on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:10 pm

TrojanPride, shut up and quit posting, you have never stated one thing that even deserved to be on this board, you need to put your ipad away and get back to class and grow up. No one on here respects or listens to one thing that you have to say. So please and I believe I am speaking for many on here and many trojan actual fans when I say this, QUIT POSTING
upnorth6A

Postby Competitive70 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Competitive70 wrote:Barnesville 43 DGF 22 at half.

final was 84 to 58 Trojans with 4 scoring in double digits.
Competitive70

Postby TrojanPride on Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:54 pm

Freedom of Speech
TrojanPride

Postby TrojanPride on Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:25 pm

Bvilleballin wrote:Barnesville is BALLIN!!!!!

Nice
TrojanPride

PreviousNext

Return to Boys Basketball