2012 - 2013 HOL/Section 8AA

Moderators: Snowman, Weinzierl11

Re: 2012 - 2013 HOL/Section 8AA

Postby Competitive70 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:18 pm

:lol: :lol:
Competitive70

Postby oregonduckfan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Cathedral knocked off by Annandale. Another upset. Any more to come?
oregonduckfan

Postby waduwino on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:31 pm

easterndakota23 wrote:I dont care what all of you smart guys think, Perham will win the section.

The Crystal Ball Award goes to easterndakota23, who wrote this back in October. Wow, hats off to Perham! The Cresap legend continues to grow. This game was a well coached team vs. a bunch of talented individuals just playing basketball. I would be shocked if Perham doesn't go to state now (although I was a bit shocked tonight!).
waduwino

Postby oregonduckfan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

waduwino wrote:
easterndakota23 wrote:I dont care what all of you smart guys think, Perham will win the section.

The Crystal Ball Award goes to easterndakota23, who wrote this back in October. Wow, hats off to Perham! The Cresap legend continues to grow. This game was a well coached team vs. a bunch of talented individuals just playing basketball. I would be shocked if Perham doesn't go to state now (although I was a bit shocked tonight!).

I think Cresap's experience vs his counterpart did make a difference. The Hawley coach did a nice job all year and will very likely become a very good coach but Perham was just so ready to handle what Hawley did. I actually think Hawley would have been better off staying in man-to-man as they started the game but they have played that 1-3-1 all season with such success that I don't blame them for sticking with it.
oregonduckfan

Postby oregonduckfan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:26 pm

Perham vs Crosby-Ironton Friday nite. Perham beat CI by 21 in Perham at the start of the season. What are your predictions for this Friday on neutral site?
oregonduckfan

Postby olympicstadium on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Congrats to Perham and to Coach Cresap. They put on a hustlng, defensive, and rebounding clinic tonight. I was wrong in my prediction, but I am not surprised. I really believed from day one that this was Hawleys year....but Perham showed that it is the program to beat here, and they will have a bigger target on their back than ever next year after this win.....but that's how they want it. WDAY showed Cresaps pregame speech at the start....Cresap was in full military camo...telling his kids they were "going into battle"....well...his troops played a phenomenal game and earned the right to face Crosby. Perham certainly plays so well as a team...they handled Hawleys 1-3-1 and press very well and hit FTs. The Salthe kid was the X-factor for sure....hats off to him and the 'jackets....fun team to watch...they play hard all the time...and with so many new faces in the starting lineup this season, just remarkable what Cresap does...

Congrats to Coach Carlson and the Nuggets....fantastic season.....nothing to be ashamed of....no knocks losing to a team like Perham.....hard to have a game like this to end your season, but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes. I was waiting for them to get on one of their typical runs, but Perham never let Pekas or Ellefson really get any unforced shots.... Carlson will get his due at some point.....it took Cresap 15 years or so to win his first section title at Perham....I think Carlson's done just fine in his first two seasons as head coach at his al a mater..he will have Hawley roaring again next year....

I hope Perham wins.....They will edge C-I 58-51 on Friday. Best of luck to the Rangers and Yellowjackets.
We shall curse Bud Selig for the dismantling of the Montreal Expos. May Olympic Stadium and the Expos lore live on forever.
olympicstadium

Postby wolfpack on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Good win tonight Jackets. Congrats to Hawley and coach Carslson on a great season.
Time to refocus!!! Celebrate tonight back to work tomorrow.
Congrats to Battle Lake tonight go get it.
wolfpack

Postby wolfpack on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:33 pm

My bad.

Shout out to Josh Nordick on an absolutely fabulous defensive game tonight.
Hunter... Nothing more to say. The rest of you get it done Friday!!!
wolfpack

Postby mnsportzfan on Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:47 pm

oregonduckfan wrote:Cathedral knocked off by Annandale. Another upset. Any more to come?

Wouldn't call this an upset. Annandale is loaded with athletes and can go 9 or 10 deep if needed. They fast break and shoot from the outside very well so Voss had no one to cover. Voss was not on the court much late in the game as Annandale had built a lead and keep their foot on the gas. Annandale's game plan was executed to perfection.

Both of these teams are great teams and with SCC only graduate two players they will be very tough again next season. Annandale is peaking right now and I expect them to run Mayer Lutheran off the court on Friday night. Annandale by 20.
mnsportzfan

Postby golden1 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:27 pm

Tonight's game fit the cliche that offense wins games and defense wins championships. Hawley's high-powered offense was slowed to Perham's possession-by-possession pace. Perham played in-your-shorts defense and really forced Hawley into tough shots most of the night. Perham displayed amazing fundamentals and found openings in the Hawley defense time and time again, getting easy baskets in transition and with penetration. Both teams can put points up, but defense was the difference.

Hawley had a great season, hats off to Coach Carlson and his players on an amazing season. As a newer coach he is beyond his years. He did a great job using his bench all season and represented his team and community well...great younger coach. The Nuggets beat every team on their schedule except one - Perham. Nothing to feel bad about when it's all said and done. There is plenty of young talent in Nuggetville - my prediction is that they learn from this experience and move a step or two farther in the future.

When the season began i saw Perham as the favorite, they have been winning championships for a reason. The Yellowjackets take care of the ball, take good shots, and play great team defense. They have a winning tradition and tradition can go a long way. Kids have bought into his offense and his style of defense. A state title and now two more tournament runs will only help this tradition grow in future years. Congrats to Perham and best of luck the rest of the way.
golden1

PreviousNext

Return to Boys Basketball