Minnesota-Scores.net

MNScores Home Boys: FB Soc BB Hock WR Lax Base Girls: VB Soc BB Hock Lax SB

Twitter Facebook

Section 5A

Moderators: Snowman, Weinzierl11

Section 5A

Postby the5thBeatle on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:14 pm

What are your thoughts on 5A North / South early season rankings?
the5thBeatle

Re: Section 5A

Postby prairiecon on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:53 pm

BBE and Upsala have to be the early favorites. Don't know much about Kimball or Isle. I live near Browerville and attend many of their games, but have only seen them play once.
I'm noticing that Browerville has been moved to the North half of section 5A. Anyone know the reason for this? Last week when I checked they were listed in the South half.
prairiecon

Postby the5thBeatle on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:40 pm

Kimball has looked tough so far, winning 4 and losing only a close one to a tough ACGC squad.
the5thBeatle

Postby darinbauck on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 am

Kudos to BBE for beefing up there non conference schedule. BBE is the clear cut choice for this section. I know some people will say they were last year to, but this might make this team even better. Would like them to play Battle Lake during the season. You heard it here first Battle Lake - BBE state title game!!
darinbauck

Postby prairiecon on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:11 pm

I agree that BBE is the favorite right now, but Upsala is a very, very good team that likes to run. I know BBE will not be overlooking them. Too bad they both had to end up in the same sub-section.
It is always nice to see the better teams beef up their schedule and playing Apple Valley is definitely adding beef to any schedule.
FYI - I'm going to answer my own previous question. Browerville was moved to the north sub-section because Eagle Valley has combined with Parkers Prairie leaving the north half with only 9 teams and the south half with 11. I think Browerville was the northern most team geographically and that is why they were moved.... I think.
prairiecon

Postby prairiecon on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:22 am

Does BBE have any chance against Apple Valley? And will I be able to get into the gym that night to watch?
This game is very appealing because of the small outstate school vs. big school factor. Kind of feels like the old one-class state high school tournament
I've not personally seen BBE play yet, but heard they are legit. And we all know about AV. So, does anyone think this will be a game? It's in St. Cloud, but at which facility?
prairiecon

Postby exjaguar on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:59 am

prairiecon wrote:Does BBE have any chance against Apple Valley? And will I be able to get into the gym that night to watch?
This game is very appealing because of the small outstate school vs. big school factor. Kind of feels like the old one-class state high school tournament
I've not personally seen BBE play yet, but heard they are legit. And we all know about AV. So, does anyone think this will be a game? It's in St. Cloud, but at which facility?

as a BBE follower, i think AV will be too much for BBE. AV is 12-13 deep and too big for BBE. BBE is really only 6-7 deep and that may be a stretch. their top 5 will definitely take them deep into the class A playoffs, but not against a AAAA powerhouse. an upset would definitely go down in some legendary lore.

i believe the game is at SCSU, should be room...expect a big BBE following as well as those that want to say they saw Tyus Jones
exjaguar

Postby bubba3putt on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:08 pm

we know what happened with av, but watching bbe last night i was very impressed, they were not just 3 or 4 players deep, they can play 10 guys and not skip a beat.

i dont see anyone beating them in"A" this yr.
bubba3putt

Postby dboyz33 on Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Does anyone know where the South Sub-Section championship game is supposed to be played this year?
dboyz33

Postby exjaguar on Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:08 pm

at appears the Section Final is scheduled to be in Crosby-Ironton per the MSHSL website.

not sure on the subsection final location though...
exjaguar

Next

Return to Boys Basketball