Minnesota-Scores.net

MNScores Home Boys: FB Soc BB Hock WR Lax Base Girls: VB Soc BB Hock Lax SB

Twitter Facebook

POLAR LEAGUE CONFERENCE

Moderators: Snowman, Weinzierl11

POLAR LEAGUE CONFERENCE

Postby MLWR on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:18 pm

I know this is a northern conference, but those of you know the conference which of these teams do you think will win the conference. ESKO, MLWR, or BARNUM. Esko and MLWR beat Barnum eariler this year. MLWR and Esko play on March 6 in Esko. That game could decide the conference champ, but barnum is still in the mix.
MLWR

Re: POLAR LEAGUE CONFERENCE

Postby Clem_Haskins on Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:34 pm

I think Esko has the best team and can win the Polar, they are well coached and fundamentally sound. They haven't been getting the respect they deserve across the state, but come state tournament time they will show the state who is king.
Clem_Haskins

Postby likinbball on Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:54 am

Clem_Haskins wrote:come state tournament time they will show the state who is king.

The Polar League conference AND section 7AA are extremely loaded. Esko will be lucky to get past the semifinals in the section. As much as it pains me to say this-Esko is in the driver's seat in the conference. They beat ML/WR-they win the conference with an extremely unbalanced and unfair schedule.
likinbball

Postby blackperson on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:59 pm

The Polar Conference is not loaded it isn't even close to being one of the best conferences anywhere. Esko normally runs away with it every year. Esko has also won their last 38 games against conference opponents.
blackperson

Postby wantedglory on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:14 pm

blackperson wrote:The Polar Conference is not loaded it isn't even close to being one of the best conferences anywhere. Esko normally runs away with it every year. Esko has also won their last 38 games against conference opponents.

Esko again is a bigger school. Pretty sure they could make the cut for a AAA school in the next couple of years. They haven't gone through the conference schedule though without tough games. 58-56 against Floodwood who lost at the buzzer, and the Barnum game 49-48.
wantedglory

Postby MLWR on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:05 am

Section is loaded. no doubt about it. The polar league conference on the other hand is down to 3 teams. Esko MLWR and Barnum. I say Esko will win it because they will beat MLWR by a couple of points. The game is at Esko so Esko will have a definate advantage(they always do). As for Section 7AA Esko wont even make the semi-finals. The quarter finals will be a true test for all teams.
MLWR

Postby Crib on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:21 pm

Esko's lack of height is their Achilles heal.

Come tournament time, sectional and state, height plays such an important part.

On the Esko/Moose game, I am interested to see what Esko does to stop Zuk. If they hold Zuk to under 15 they win this game.

Esko football has already moved to 3a, basketball wont be far behind.
They have had a good string of successful conference seasons, but you know as well as I do that
dominate teams in conferences naturally flux. Barnum and Moose have always been competitive
winning titles respectively.
Crib

Postby MLWR on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:11 pm

Esko has to worry about more than Zuk. MLWR has 3 guys (besides) that are capible of scoring over 20pts on any given night. MLWR's bench is also a scrappy bunch of kids. They usually go 9-10 deep on the bench. If esko wants to win they have to stop the rebels outside shooting. If they get hot LOOK OUT.
MLWR

Postby likinbball on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:17 pm

MLWR wrote:MLWR's bench is also a scrappy bunch of kids.

There you go talking about yourself again....
likinbball

Postby ondarange on Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:55 pm

What are the enrollment differences between Esko and MLWR? Can't be too much of a difference. I don't hear people saying that MLWR should leave the conference, just Esko. Could it be that its because Esko is always winning the conference?
ondarange

Next

Return to Boys Basketball