Minnesota-Scores.net

MNScores Home Boys: FB Soc BB Hock WR Lax Base Girls: VB Soc BB Hock Lax SB

Twitter Facebook

3A & 2A section seeding

Moderators: Snowman, Weinzierl11

3A & 2A section seeding

Postby GodsCountry on Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:17 am

I know a bit about each section and I really wish wabasso was back in 2a seeing how diffacult 3a is going to be for them.
What are everyone thoughts about where teams will be seeded?

3a north
obvisously minneota gets the one
mccray 2
canby 3
cmc 4 (beat dawson earlier)
dawson 5

3a south
i think the qrf has this one about right from the top teams. adrain and fulda play tomorrow also. if adrain wins they could jump wabasso being they beat them earlier

2a north
what a cluster! everyone between 11&13 wins but nicollet, and cmc who should be 8&9
tough to know where to put acgc and lp being they only play 2 section games. think the winner of blh & mvl gets the one, with the other getting the 2.
i don't know from there. good luck with that one coaches

2a south
i think st clair gets the being they beat springfield
springfield 2
loyola 3 - better schedule then martin luther
martin luther 4 (beat ghec twice)
ghec 5

my thoughts anyway. can't believe we are less then a week away from finding out. I am really excited to see the 3a sections and am really glad they are not by qrf
GodsCountry

Re: 3A & 2A section seeding

Postby WolfontheProwl on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:04 pm

3a South
#1. Fulda- Beat SWC by double digits, beat Edgerton, beat Ellsworth. If you remove their two tough SD games and put in games against Windom or TMB where would they be?

#2. SWC- Nice win over Fulda after getting beat big the first time, lost to Edgerton hurts

#3. Wabasso- Loss to Adrian and the lack of section 3 games hurts them. Good year.

#4. Adrian- Lost to Ellsworth, Fulda, SWC 2 times, a win over Fulda helps them. Beating Worthington was good for them but the loss to Ellsworth is a biggie for me.
WolfontheProwl

Postby shorty on Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm

A few quick thoughts -

2A North - I think BLH/S should be #1 based on strength of schedule - several of their losses are to class AA schools.

2A South - St. Clair has played a stronger schedule. I believe Springfield has had some injury problems, so they could be trending downward at tournament time. The bottom half of this sub-section is struggling - you could have a #6 seed with 3 or 4 wins, while in
sub-section 3A South, teams with a .500 record will be fighting for a #7 or #8 seed.

3A North - Minneota is really good, but MACCRAY or Canby could get them on a good night.

3A South - SW MN Christian plays Worthington 2 days before seeding. A win may clinch the #1 seed - a loss might just knock them down. Likewise for the Fulda-Adrian game - that will impact seeding. And, Wabasso plays Canby before seeding - that could impact both the North and South sub-sections.

It should be a fun tournament to watch.
shorty

Postby GodsCountry on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:37 pm

shorty wrote:A few quick thoughts -

2A North - I think BLH/S should be #1 based on strength of schedule - several of their losses are to class AA schools.

2A South - St. Clair has played a stronger schedule. I believe Springfield has had some injury problems, so they could be trending downward at tournament time. The bottom half of this sub-section is struggling - you could have a #6 seed with 3 or 4 wins, while in
sub-section 3A South, teams with a .500 record will be fighting for a #7 or #8 seed.

hum..... not one of their losses is to a AA school

st clair has a stronger schedule yes, but not by much. the valley conf is fairly weak from #4 on down. the tomahawk is pretty balanced. the 5-7 teams in the tomahawk have beat the 4-6 in the valley pretty consistently.
GodsCountry

Postby mnbballcoach on Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Shorty, are you thinking of MVL for being #1 in North 2A? I believe they are the school that acually has some losses to Class AA opponents (St. Croix Lutheran, Blue Earth Area, and Fairmont).
mnbballcoach

Postby jr22 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:44 pm

In 3A south, I believe Wabasso has to be given more consideration for a #1 at least a #2. With a 19-2 record, they are deserving of one of those top 2 spots. This side of the section is mainly Red Rock conference teams, so most of these teams don't see Wabasso because they play in a different conference which can make them tougher to seed. Most of the conversation always revolves around Fulda, SWC, and Adrian but Wabasso has had a great season.
jr22

Postby shorty on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:50 am

OOPS!!!

You're right. That's what I get for trying to post from work. I thought I clicked on BLH/S to check their results, but I actually clicked on MVL (the next team in line in the section standings.) In the immortal words of Emily Litella, "Never Mind."

Oh - interesting scores Thursday night. Minneota beats SW MN Christian, and (very surprising) Springfield beats Wabasso.

Seeding just got more interesting.
shorty

Postby WolfontheProwl on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:51 am

Wabasso lost to Springfield last night which doesnt help them. Many of the Red Rock Conference teams do have knowledge of Wabasso even if they have not played them during the season. Many of the teams have gotten to see the Rabbits during the summer and one that I know of scrimmaged them before the season started.

Wabasso's record is very good 19-3. Winning is great but how many top teams have they beat? Looking at their conference the top team in the QRF ranking after them is 26th in the state. While in the Red Rock you have SWC at 17, Fulda at 18, and Adrian at 24. The Rabbits lost to Adrian and now they have lost to Springfield who is #26. All three of the top teams have lost to Minneota Fulda by 10, SWC by 13, and Wabasso by 21. I think Wabasso would have a better chance at the #1 seed if they were playing more teams in Section 3. They have to this point played just 5 they have won against 3 teams that they should beat who are not very strong this season and lost to the other two. Its hard to get a top seed in a section your not playing many games against throwing in the lack of top notch wins.
WolfontheProwl

Postby GodsCountry on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:42 pm

GodsCountry wrote:2a north
what a cluster! everyone between 11&13 wins but nicollet, and cmc who should be 8&9
tough to know where to put acgc and lp being they only play 2 section games. think the winner of blh & mvl gets the one, with the other getting the 2.
i don't know from there. good luck with that one coaches

trying to figure this one out. anyone think new ulm could shoot up after beating blh twice, and mvl once? lester prairie plays some of the smaller weak private schools out of the metro area so it's tough to really know how strong they are also. I mean who is rothsay, bethany acedemy or legecy christian?
I had a good amount of time today with this cold weather (apparently people don't car shop when it's cold) so i looked closely at some schedules and got this:
wins vs teams with or above a .500 record
sleepy eye- 6
new ulm- 5
st marys- 4
lester prairie- 4
acgc- 4

after seeing most of the tomahawk teams all year, i still think mvl and blh are the two best in this sub-section.
GodsCountry

Postby Huckstar12 on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:04 am

GodsCountry wrote:wins vs teams with or above a .500 record
sleepy eye- 6
new ulm- 5
st marys- 4
lester prairie- 4
acgc- 4.

Unless I messed up. Sleepy Eye has only 5 wins vs those teams with Nicollet a game under.500
Huckstar12

Next

Return to Girls Basketball